Not recently played doesn't match new songs

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Not recently played doesn't match new songs

Postby bowlofred » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:22 am

I'm trying to replicate the iTunes smart playlist feature of playing songs that haven't been played in <timeframe>. I'm using PlayerPro trial (4.2)

My attempt is:

Number: 200
Selected by: Random
Match: All the following
1: Last played - is not in the last - 1 months (or whatever)

Unfortunately, it appears this match fails when the "last played" value for a track is missing (new music). Is there any way to make this list work when I add new music?

I'm betting I can find something to force set the last played tag to an old value that would work, but I doubt I would remember to do that every time something was added to the library.

Thanks for any pointers.
bowlofred

Re: Not recently played doesn't match new songs

Postby 66gt350 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm having n this same issue. I've been trying to set up a smart playlist:

Last played - is not in the last - 2 months.

It doesn't matter what I put in for the time frame, I get the same result.
66gt350

Re: Not recently played doesn't match new songs

Postby DTM » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:17 pm

This isn't exactly what you're after, but may be close enough. I do the same sort of thing, but use "least recently played". So, for example, the playlist chooses 50 songs, selected by least recently played, matching "genre contains Jazz".

When a new song is added and the last-played value is blank, it's treated as the "least recently played of all", and it does get picked up in that playlist.

Hope that helps.
DTM

Return to Bug reports