How the heck do you delete files!!!

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.

How the heck do you delete files!!!

Postby Sulcata » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 am

Let me guess, "Clear" British way of saying "Delete". "Clear now playing" is the only reference anything I would hope might perform the normally easy function to "Delete" a song.

Also, you might think that instead of bothering you or even searching Google or the forums, I could go to "Search" and enter "delete songs" . . . but this is what you get:

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: delete songs.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

Sorry this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you type in "clear songs" you get this:

"Search found 100 matches: clear songs
ignored: songs
Return to advanced search"

Which even even more stupid, especially when you go through pages and pages and no obviously reference to "clear files" relating to anything having to do with getting rid of files.

In conclusion, the "Search" function is only good if you already know the answer to your questions.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good player - the quality is one of the best.

But couldn't you just make a start up options that you can choose to "use simple interface?" Seriously, this is one of the most over featured downloads I have ever used. It is impossible to "See the basic forest of functions through the log jam of tree "features"". I am an older programmer and I am not used to this level of over featured user interface (just to play music) so I gave it to my "overapped" 20 year old nephew. His response was (and I have to apologize in advance) - OMG who the Fu#* did the totally mental piece of $%ap!"

You don't have to answer back. I heard on the net you rarely answer back when people don't like something about your product.

I am a videographer, and my nephew sponsored me do a complete YouTube review and see if someone else out there has the same perception as my 90K a year app writing nephew does. He wants to write one now. Apologies in advance, but no one should have as many conceptual problems with such a simple music app category product. I could see me having such issues, but my nephew rarely has anything bad to say about 1000's of apps he has reviewed. My nephew just called laughing (sorry) and said, "type in 'play music' in the search box!!!" Seriously, all can say is OMG! Sorry again, it is an excellent player. However the last time I wrote a dsp app all those most excellent audio features were mostly canned and easy to integrate.
Sulcata

Re: How the heck do you delete files!!!

Postby victhor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 pm

I think you've missunderstood the main purpose of the player, IT IS MEANT to be "overloaded", for simple and minimalistic apps you have plenty of othe players, starting with Google Play Music. PlayerPro aims to MANAGE MUSIC FILES, not only play it, for that you'll need lots of features sooner or later. And that's fine, it's coherent with the player's intentions. Try to build a decent playlist on the other players! It's a nightmare! Most music apps don't have a selection queue or an easy way to just "wipe out" songs at will (like you have on PP when swipping a song from left -the grabber- to right).

Might be just a matter of taste, but in my case I think that it even lacks some features.

About the rest of your post I'm a bit unsure what you're referring to..
"Clear now playing" always sounded pretty straight foward to me, it does what it says, it clears the Now Playing LIST. The "Delete" option is on the FILE context menu (the 3 dots button at bottom-right, next to the song's name). I can't see the mistery there..

And the whole search thing is not clear at all for me.. maybe my english is making the whole thing more difficult. What's the relation between the forum's search and the quality of the app?? Is true, the forum's search does kinda suck, but that shouldn't affect your opinion of the player...
victhor

Postby LogicSpeaks » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Ok,

When "you" use the option "delete" it says 0 songs deleted and the files are still there. What is up with that?

Why won't it delete the files?

I had the phone move the files to my SD card to free up room. The player sees the music files and yet doesn't delete them. Why not?

Thanks
LogicSpeaks

Postby playerpro » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:11 am

Hello,

Can you make sure you have granted PlayerPro the "sdcard" write permission (settings / music library / sdcard write)?

Thanks,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby LogicSpeaks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks for your assistance. Gave it permission in the the settings, it works now.
LogicSpeaks

Return to General discussions