Play Count

You may post all your suggestions and requests here.
telrod11

Play Count

Post by telrod11 »

Tristan:

As some of us use Smart playlists and play counts for the ability to randomize our music, could you set the parameter for the play count to be incremented to "End of Song"?

I've tested this and I'm not sure what percentage of the song is played before the counter steps up, but it isn't the end of song.

I've attached a screenshot of how one of your competitors does it (GoneMad). I'm ok with just programming end of song if that is easier, but as you can see, GM allows the user to select what they would like .

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_20230517_071528_GoneMAD.jpg
Screenshot_20230517_071528_GoneMAD.jpg (247.1 KiB) Viewed 271406 times
telrod11

Re: Play Count

Post by telrod11 »

Just saw a prime example of why this would be a great enhancement.....

Have a song 13:26
Just to test, I started and stopped this song several times just to see what the playcount looked like in "View Song Info".

Play count is 9!!
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

Recently Played Smartlist - works as it should. It doesn't populate until the song has finished.

Hoping some of that logic is already programmed so this play count bug can be fixed with the next build.
playerpro

Post by playerpro »

Hello,

Current logic is to consider the song half played (or at least 30s in for songs less than 1 minute long).
We may make this logic configurable in the future if this becomes a popular demand.

Best Regards,
Tristan
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

Thanks for the reply, and your consideration.

I really like the playback of your app, but would really like to see this changed to a higher percentage of the song play before it increments up.

As I said, I *believe* " recently played", will not increment until the song finishes. If you can't easily make it user selectable, could you at least use the "song completed" before moving the play count?

Thanks again for your reply
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

Yeah, still on this play count.... :)

Would you just please test this and see the results you get when you pause a song, either by getting a phone call, or switching the BT device off, then resuming it later?

I think you're going to see the song either resume where it was, or restart , but what you will see is the play count increment up to 2.
THanks
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

@Tristan

Here's another example of what I do daily after using the app, and receiving phone calls, stopping playback to change BT devices, etc. Go in to the app, and reset the music stats of the one or two mp3's that are not counted correctly.

Even if you don't want to change the play count logic of 50%, maybe continue playback at the spot where it stopped, instead of starting it over, then incrementing the count up two, instead of one as it should be.

Why do I keep hammering you guys to fix this? Why not just move to an app that suits my needs?

I used to use RocketPlayer, and it was absolutely great in handling the way I randomize playback (by Play Count), but they sold their app to another group and the app is unusable now.

GoneMad does a great job on play count, but the sound is no where near what you app is.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230719_075200_PlayerPro-min.jpg
Screenshot_20230719_075200_PlayerPro-min.jpg (94.64 KiB) Viewed 270735 times
Screenshot_20230719_075151_PlayerPro-min.jpg
Screenshot_20230719_075151_PlayerPro-min.jpg (176.38 KiB) Viewed 270735 times
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

@Tristan

Well, I think I've figured out the app issue with play count...

So, the majority of the time, if song play is interrupted, (turn Bluetooth off) the song continues where it left off. If this happens play count increments up one, all is good.

However, occasionally, songs will restart from the beginning, and when they do, the play count will always jump by two.

I guess I'm the only one who randomizes playback by play count, but it would be nice if this could be resolved.
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

Ok, I surrender.

I've used "Play Count" as my smart playlist to randomize my song play for years with another app (Rocket player) who has been sold, and is basically just a mess with issues now.

In PlayerPro, play count is just whacked. You never know how it will increment as you just play songs.

Anyway, I've just created new smart lists (that's seem to work for this), based on the criteria, "Last Played".

I'll post some pics here of the play count problem again, and the playlists I've created that might help some of you that stumble across this post.
Attachments
Is before_PlayerPro.jpg
Is before_PlayerPro.jpg (161.98 KiB) Viewed 270437 times
Is after PlayerPro.jpg
Is after PlayerPro.jpg (164.56 KiB) Viewed 270437 times
Wild play countPlayerPro.jpg
Wild play countPlayerPro.jpg (244.86 KiB) Viewed 270437 times