Direct Volume Control (DVC)

You may post all your suggestions and requests here.
Maurice-S

Direct Volume Control (DVC)

Post by Maurice-S »

Hello.

Is it possible to implement DVC?

It's a well known feature in PowerAmp player and it's one of many reasons why PowerAmp has better sound than any other android players. Also it has other audio settings that improves sound. But you can start with implementing DVC.

It's an android-specific option. When activated, player transfers its output directly to the DAC ( digital analog converter ), thereby bypassing android's equalizer, sound effects and volume control. The volume setting is in this case done by multiplying the desired volume to the music inside Player.

I'm sure that PlayerPro could be best audio player on market only if you focus on improving sound quality.

And one more question.
Is there any chance to choose wheter I want album/artist cover to be cached or not. I have more than 3.000 songs so there's a lot thumbnails. Almost 10.000 files of cache on my storage... Far as I know, many other players dont store cached thumbnails....

Other than that, you have perfect audio player.
Smart playlist is top nach. UI is easy to use and intuitive.
I'm using PlayerPro over than 5 years but it's not my default player only because Poweramp gives better sound.
malfecha

Re: Direct Volume Control (DVC)

Post by malfecha »

Hello,

You say "Smart playlist is top nach" but on my side, I meet issues for some tags that are not recognized or not read correctly:
https://www.aplayerpro.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=4&t=323

Another point that I regret in general on Android (and I don't know if this app could solve this) is that you cannot really increase or decrease the volume progressively. You touch a volume button and it goes a lot up or down. This is not nice at all and most of the time you don't have the volume level you'd like. It'd be great if you could choose in the parameters the scale you want (either 1,2,3... or 2,4,6... or 3,6,9... up to 100 each time you push the volume button).