Auto-Play; Don’t Stop the Music!

You may post all your suggestions and requests here.
SlayerPro

Auto-Play; Don’t Stop the Music!

Post by SlayerPro »

I propose an option that will simply make the player automatically play the album/artist/genre/etc. that comes next alphabetically in the browser up one level from the song browser when all songs are complete. After all songs in that browser are done playing, the app would start playing whatever comes next alphabetically in the browser one level up from that one and so on. Since my browsers are set up Genre > Artist > Album > Song, for me this feature would play the next album by the artist until all remaining albums are played, then the next artist, then the next genre without requiring user input.

Someone proposed a similar idea as the very first proposal on this forum, but it was specific to playing the next folder.

I’ve used PlayerPro for many years and many phones to play music on headphones and speakers, but now that I’m using it to play music in my car, having to pick the next album when the previous finishes is more of a problem. Requiring less user input is always a good thing on any app that people are likely to use when driving.
SlayerPro

Re: Auto-Play; Don’t Stop the Music!

Post by SlayerPro »

Nobody wants a music player that keeps playing music after an album ends, like YouTube, Spotify, Windows Media Player, or a Sony head-unit with a USB stick? Do we all just miss the days of physical media? When the music stops, go get the next record!
Progforums

Post by Progforums »

I would also like this feature for similar reasons.

I'm surprised that no players seem to support this.
Luiz

Post by Luiz »

Hello,
I also want this feature, without it I don't want to use this player (not only) in the car. I'd rather pay for a player that can do that. Is it possible to add this feature to PlayerPro? Thank You.