Browse for hidden folders such as .music

You may post all your suggestions and requests here.
quicksteppie

Browse for hidden folders such as .music

Post by quicksteppie »

I wish we could have a feature to browse for hidden folders such as .music, even if it is still a folder within your storage/emulated/0 folder.

Backround:
I am using an Oneplus 8 with stock rom and with this if I place music in the normal ~/music folder the songs appears in Gallery app and Settings app under ringtones and notification selection.
This make it impossible to choose a ringtone because I have to scroll endlessly through a list with music.
And my Gallery app becomes clogged with album covers because my flac files contains embedded album cover art.

My current workaround is to place my music in a new folder storage/emulated/0/.Music folder and using Omnia player.

All my notifications in storage/emulated/0/notifications are named "Notification [filename].ogg" and ringtones in storage/emulated/0/ringtones are named "Ringtone [filename].ogg".
This make it that when I enter settings app to choose a ringtone or notification the list first displays the "Notification" or "Ringtone" portion making it easier to know what is what.
Now, sure, this sound like an "Oneplus" issue.
-Buy another phone.
-Flash a custom rom. (Custom roms or other phones does not have this issue, it is clearly a Oneplus idiotic stupid problem by design).

Sure I could do either of those suggestions but I hope the devs could make it possible to browse for hidden folders.
Because I love and I miss using PlayerPro. This is what I have been using since the start my Android journey ten years ago or so.
Omnia player can display hidden folders, why shouldn't PlayerPro be able to?