Resume after transient Bluetooth interruption to audio focus

You may post all your suggestions and requests here.
Stuv

Resume after transient Bluetooth interruption to audio focus

Post by Stuv »

My Bluetooth earbuds are paired both to my phone and my pc. I listen to music while worki g on my pc. Whenever my pc gets an email, there is the usual fanfare, which interrupts and pauses my music. The music does not resume until I hit Play on the phone.

It would be better if after a transient interruption, on the earbuds, the music resumes.

(There appears to be options to resume after a phone notification, but not one at the Bluetooth end.)
Construct

Re: Resume after transient Bluetooth interruption to audio focus

Post by Construct »

I kindly request an inclusion of an auto-resume feature in this player. As an avid user of both the Cardo Edge and Garmin DriveSmart 66 GPS devices while riding my motorcycle, I've noticed that when I receive GPS directions, the music pause does not automatically resume. Consequently, my Cardo Edge loses its capability to resume using voice commands or button pressing. The only recourse available to me to resume the music is to manually tap the play button on my phone or navigate away from the GPS map view and access the music player to hit play. Such interruptions are highly distracting and pose a significant danger while operating a motorcycle. Therefore, I urge you to consider incorporating an auto-resume functionality within this player.
playerpro

Post by playerpro »

Thanks for raising this request. We will investigate into it as resume after transient loss of focus is normally the default behaviour.

Thanks,
Tristan
Construct

Post by Construct »

playerpro wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:45 am Thanks for raising this request. We will investigate into it as resume after transient loss of focus is normally the default behaviour.

Thanks,
Tristan

Been playing around with the settings and this is the problem I have had. Maybe I don't have something setup right in the setting.

When I activate the permanent audio focus loss, the player pauses, and I can hear the GPS navigation voice clearly. However, the player does not automatically resume playing the audio files afterwards. Which I believe is the purpose of this function.

On the other hand, when I use the transient audio focus, the player does not pause. Instead, the music volume slightly decreases, and the GPS navigation voice plays over the music. Unfortunately, I struggle to comprehend the navigation voice due to the music playing in the background.

I'm uncertain why the audio does not pause when using the transient audio focus setting, as it does with the permanent audio focus loss.

Therefore, I would like to request a feature that enables the app to automatically pause the music audio when receiving GPS navigation instructions, and then resume playing the music afterwards.
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

Been playing around with the settings and this is the problem I have had. Maybe I don't have something setup right in the setting.

When I activate the permanent audio focus loss, the player pauses, and I can hear the GPS navigation voice clearly. However, the player does not automatically resume playing the audio files afterwards. Which I believe is the purpose of this function.

On the other hand, when I use the transient audio focus, the player does not pause. Instead, the music volume slightly decreases, and the GPS navigation voice plays over the music. Unfortunately, I struggle to comprehend the navigation voice due to the music playing in the background.

I'm uncertain why the audio does not pause when using the transient audio focus setting, as it does with the permanent audio focus loss.

Therefore, I would like to request a feature that enables the app to automatically pause the music audio when receiving GPS navigation instructions, and then resume playing the music afterwards.
[/quote]

This is weird, as I have been testing this after reading, and I can't get any combination of settings to pause music.

It lowers the volume, as you've described (ducks, as other players call it), but never pauses.

Samsung S20FE 5g
Android 12
PP 5.34 - 30 June 23

Tested with:
Incoming text messages
Waze