No album art files found in album folder after Android 13 update

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.
hopkist

No album art files found in album folder after Android 13 update

Post by hopkist »

After upgrading to Android 13 the album art jpg files cannot be seen by player pro. Each album folder has a file called albumart.jpg but selecting the "manage artwork" "pick from album folder" shows no files found. As a check I copied over files from my tablet running Android 10, which can see the album art files from player pro, however these files cannot be seen either on the Android 13 phone. I can confirm that player pro has all permissions set to allow, including "photos and videos"

The phone is a pixel 6a and running build TP1A.220624.021.A1
hopkist

Re: No album art files found in album folder after Android 13 update

Post by hopkist »

After the latest version of player pro (5.33) the issue still occurs. On further investigation I have discovered that whilst the "auto pick" and "pick from album folder" fail to find any images if you select "pick from gallery" and then select the album folder the image is found and can be set for the album art.

It therefore seems the app has access to the images but can't seem to find/access the album folder automatically to find the images, including for the default auto-pick option. However the album folder displayed as not containing any images, which is of the format /storage/emulated/0/music/<artist name>/<album name>/, matches the path shown when selecting song info for a track in the album. Hopefully this will help track down the issue.

Stephen
bugsbunny

Post by bugsbunny »

I've the exact same problem. Each album folder contains a folder.jpg. When I select to load the albumart automatically it says no album art found. If I pick the folder.jpg manually, playerpro adds the album cover.
I've got a phone with android 13.
This bug is annoying. I do not want to add the album cover manually of hundreds of albums.
Please fix this bug.
On my old phone (android 10) this bug was not occurring and playerpro loaded all the album covers automatically.
diverslung

Post by diverslung »

I have a similar Problem in my Android 13 Fairphone 5. My standard folder is set on the sd-card. Each subfolder / album folder contains a "folder.jpg", visible in every Filemanager/Viewer. Only playerpro doesn't find them and loads whether nothing or - in a handful of cases - the "back.jpg". It seems as if "folder.jpgs" are not scanned at all. On my Android 12 Pocophone the same sd-card makes no problems.

Now I experienced that I am able to manually load the Album Art after renaming it to "cover.jpg" - but doing so would take weeks! That ist annoying indeed!