Random Playback not working properly

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.
RudiRatlos

Random Playback not working properly

Post by RudiRatlos »

Hi to everybody!

I have a folder containing about 1000 songs with my driving music. When I use random playback, PlayerPro doesn't play all songs. It is only a part of them and many others will be ignored...

Any idea?

Best Regards
Rudi
Ofirgrm

Re: Random Playback not working properly

Post by Ofirgrm »

I can relate to that since it happens to me as well and it's definitely irritating, but I think it's because of the nature of the way this app shuffle the songs. I think the app doesn't actually shuffle the songs (which suggests that you will hear all your songs and each song only once), instead it randomly picks the next song which may lead to hearing the same set of songs over and over while others are ignored. IMHO, this is a poor design decision which should be fixed, or at least gives the user the option to select between random and shuffle which are two distinguish options
RudiRatlos

Post by RudiRatlos »

I bougjt the pro version, but this is a really poor behavior. Is there any possibility to contact the support? This must be really easy to fix!
playerpro

Post by playerpro »

Hello,

It depends if you are using the party shuffle mode or the normal shuffle mode. Please use the normal shuffle mode. That way, PlayerPro plays all songs once before it repeats.
You can turn of the party shuffle mode in the options menu (top right corner) with "party shuffle off".

Best Regards,
Tristan
RudiRatlos

Post by RudiRatlos »

Hi Tristan,

I'm not using party shuffle! I have activated normal shuffle by using the button left from the playback button.

Best Regards
Rudi
Simon

Post by Simon »

playerpro wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 am Hello,

It depends if you are using the party shuffle mode or the normal shuffle mode. Please use the normal shuffle mode. That way, PlayerPro plays all songs once before it repeats.
You can turn of the party shuffle mode in the options menu (top right corner) with "party shuffle off".

Best Regards,
Tristan
Has this behaviour changed recently? I've been using PlayerPro for many years, and initially it did play all of a playlist randomly in shuffle mode, but then there was an update which apparently changed the 'algorithm' of the shuffle mode, and it would only truly 'shuffle' 100 songs from a playlist, after which tracks could be (and were) often repeated.

One of the reasons I stopped using PlayerPro regularly was because I have a massive playlist of over 3000 tracks, which I wanted shuffled randomly from beginning to end, but this was not possible after that update.

One suggestion might be to have a queueing system where tracks can be shuffle played, and additional tracks can be added, also shuffled, to the remaining unplayed queue, similar to GoneMAD Music Player (GMMP). If PlayerPro could do this, it could be my default music player again.