Setlist Backup

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.
Kery

Setlist Backup

Post by Kery »

Hi,

yesterday PP was upgraded to 5.26 version. Since that I got an empty folder (PlayerPro) in a phone storage. As I remember there I found all my setlists in .m3u files which were automatically updated when I added some new track into some playlist. Where could I find the .m3u files now Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for an answer. ;)
Robyn

Re: Setlist Backup

Post by Robyn »

Hi Kery,
I had the same issue since the most recent update but discovered that Player Pro is now referencing its playlists from a different folder.
I stared by making a new test playlist to see where Player Pro would put it.

Plugged my phone into my computer (for ease but you could probably do this with your phone file manager as well).

Did a search for m3u files and found all my original playlists (i.e. playlist1.m3u.ppo) saved under
Phone\PlayerPro\Playlists

... while the new test playlist was found in
Phone\Android\data\com.tbig.playerpro\files\PlayerPro\Playlists

I then did a simple copy and paste to move all my original playlists files into the new location.
Went back to the phone to check the PlayerPro app and Voila! all my personal playlists were listed again.

Silly that I had to do this but at least I got my music back!
Hope this helps you too
KeithFail

Post by KeithFail »

On LG Thin Q android phone, playlists disappeared as of last update. The old lists are there by searching for the as m3u files. But PP is putting lists somewhere new with the recent update. Making a test playlist and searching for it did not reveal where the test.m3u is being stored. Perhaps a new file format or extension for playlist files?

Would like to restore old playlists as i have hundreds of hours in those curated lists.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I also have this issue on a Samsung S10+. The Player Pro Playlists folder is now empty and pasting renamed .m3u files with .ppo extension added no longer seems to work.

Also, the facility to export Player Pro Playlists seems to have disappeared.

I have updated PP today and found that importing system playlists now overwrites existing ones (optionally), but would still like the option to export playlists from PP into the system playlists library.

The folder mentioned above (Phone\Android\data\com.tbig.playerpro\files\PlayerPro\Playlists) doesn't seem to exist on my phone. In fact, there is nothing in the Phone\Android\data folder, and yes, I do have hidden files visible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kery

Post by Kery »

Hi to all!

Thanks for your answer. Tried to search m3u files in my phone file manager. As Robyn mentioned I found the m3u files in Phone\Android\data\com.tbig.playerpro\files\PlayerPro\Playlists

So copied all the files and made back up. Fortnuatelly there is a way how to back up the actual playlists but it has to be done manually like this.

Does anyone know when PP will bring back the option to back up playlists through PP (by a button) and have the files in Phone\PlaylerPro as it was a few months ago?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Kery wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:55 pm Hi to all!

Thanks for your answer. Tried to search m3u files in my phone file manager. As Robyn mentioned I found the m3u files in Phone\Android\data\com.tbig.playerpro\files\PlayerPro\Playlists

So copied all the files and made back up. Fortnuatelly there is a way how to back up the actual playlists but it has to be done manually like this.

Does anyone know when PP will bring back the option to back up playlists through PP (by a button) and have the files in Phone\PlaylerPro as it was a few months ago?
Which Android version are you using? I've read in several places that Phone > Android > Data has not been viewable since Android 11, and it certainly isn't visible on my S10, which is now on Android 12.
playerpro

Post by playerpro »

Hello,

Starting with android 10, all PlayerPro owned files (including playlists, artwork, settings etc) have been moved to the following folder:

This is to be compliant with the new scoped storage policy of Google:
"To give users more control over their files and to limit file clutter, apps that target Android 10 (API level 29) and higher are given scoped access into external storage, or scoped storage, by default. Such apps have access only to the app-specific directory on external storage, as well as specific types of media that the app has created."

The "export" playlists option has been removed because by default, PlayerPro is not allowed anymore to export playlists outside of its app specific folders. So you should look into the Phone\Android\data\com.tbig.playerpro\files\PlayerPro\Playlists to access your playlists or use the export to Google Drive option.

For the same reason, it is no longer possible to export changes to system playlists because this would mean updating files outside PlayerPro's own app specific folders and this is no long permitted. Google has deprecated the system playlists and does not recommend to use them anymore:

Android playlists are now deprecated. We will keep the current functionality for compatibility resons, but we will no longer take feature request. We do not advise adding new usages of Android Playlists. M3U files can be used as an alternative.

For convenience sake, PlayerPro has kept the "import system playlists" option (with keep/override option) but this is the only functionality we will be supporting going forward.

Hope this clarifies.
Best Regards,
Tristan
Kery

Post by Kery »

playerpro wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:30 am Hello,

Starting with android 10, all PlayerPro owned files (including playlists, artwork, settings etc) have been moved to the following folder:

This is to be compliant with the new scoped storage policy of Google:
"To give users more control over their files and to limit file clutter, apps that target Android 10 (API level 29) and higher are given scoped access into external storage, or scoped storage, by default. Such apps have access only to the app-specific directory on external storage, as well as specific types of media that the app has created."

The "export" playlists option has been removed because by default, PlayerPro is not allowed anymore to export playlists outside of its app specific folders. So you should look into the Phone\Android\data\com.tbig.playerpro\files\PlayerPro\Playlists to access your playlists or use the export to Google Drive option.

For the same reason, it is no longer possible to export changes to system playlists because this would mean updating files outside PlayerPro's own app specific folders and this is no long permitted. Google has deprecated the system playlists and does not recommend to use them anymore:

Android playlists are now deprecated. We will keep the current functionality for compatibility resons, but we will no longer take feature request. We do not advise adding new usages of Android Playlists. M3U files can be used as an alternative.

For convenience sake, PlayerPro has kept the "import system playlists" option (with keep/override option) but this is the only functionality we will be supporting going forward.

Hope this clarifies.
Best Regards,
Tristan
Thanks for your answer. ;)
faizanmazhar00

Post by faizanmazhar00 »

Kery wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 pm Hi,

yesterday PP was upgraded to 5.26 version. Since that I got an empty folder (PlayerPro) in a phone storage. As I remember there I found all my setlists in .m3u files which were automatically updated when I added some new track into some playlist. Where could I find the .m3u files now Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for an answer. ;)
okay