PlayerPro no longer updating from changed m3u playlists

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.
cafu600

PlayerPro no longer updating from changed m3u playlists

Post by cafu600 »

Scenario:
PlayerPro 5.26 / Android 10
MP3 files and M3u Files copied on SD Scard (Portable storage).

When I update the MP3 files and the m3u files on the portable storage, PlayerPro does no longer (?) recognize
the updated M3u Playlist files.

The only way now seems to use the setting "Import system playlists (existing playlists will not be overridden)",
but this requires to previously manually delete all playlists in PlayerPro one-by-one to get rid of the old contents
(at least this worked flawlessly and had the updated playlists afterwards).

Seems rather awkward - I want to copy my new selection of mp3 files and m3u files (created elsewhere) to the
device, and I want PlayerPro to pick up that status.

Alternatively, might be sufficient to offer something like "Import system playlists (Override (!) existing playlists of the same name)".

I believe PlayerPro previously picked up changed playlists automatically, but currently it has become unusable for me / this workflow.
acardattack

Re: PlayerPro no longer updating from changed m3u playlists

Post by acardattack »

I too am having this issue. I think it has something to do with playpro "updating" to android 11. I know when my phone updated to 11 I had to change how playlists were saved, well that isnt working. I downloaded Blackplayer and it picks up my playlists fine, so it has to be on Playerpro end. Cleared cached, force closed app, refreshed library, havent done the import like OP suggested, I guess I'll do that, but that will get annoying to have to do everytime I update playlists
mgrieger

Post by mgrieger »

I concur. Just realized my latest playlist changes were not being picked up. Couldn't find another way to get PlayerPro to recognize the updates, other than as suggested in prior post - delete the playlist and re-import.
cafu600

Post by cafu600 »

Thx- good to hear I'm not alone, but would be even better to hear from the PlayerPro team.
Anyone out there?
playerpro

Post by playerpro »

Hello,

We have added an option to "override" the existing playlists when importing system playlists. It will be available in the next update in the coming days.

Best Regards,
Tristan
cafu600

Post by cafu600 »

That sounds like good news! Thx!