FLAC id3 tags Being Corrupted

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.
Ryzir

FLAC id3 tags Being Corrupted

Post by Ryzir »

Android 11
PlayerPro 5.33

I am using the MediaMonkey Rating system to write the star Ratings to the tags of my FLAC files and somewhere around 10% of them get their tags corrupted in the process. I cannot see any reason why some get corrupted and some don't.

Could this be related to the way Android 11 writes to SD Cards as the writing performance is abysmal?

Thanks for any help in this that can be offered.
Ryzir

Re: FLAC id3 tags Being Corrupted

Post by Ryzir »

I was wrong. The issue is much worse than I described. EVERY FLAC file that I have rated with PlayerPro has been corrupted.

While only about 10% of the files only having their tags corrupted the other 90% the tags are fine but the start of the files is corrupted truncating up to 30 seconds of the audio.

I caught the tags being corrupted early on and was able to restore these from my backups. Most of the truncated files I didn't catch early on and I don't have backups for. Roughly 400 files some of which are not replaceable. They aren't a total loss as they still play just missing up to 30 seconds of audio at the beginning but still devastating nonetheless.

Rating FLAC files using MediaMonkey was obviously not tested properly. I have been using FLAC files for almost a year and this bug has been there the whole time.

IT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE TO SELL SOFTWARE THAT IS CORRUPTING FILES.
Ryzir

Re: FLAC id3 tags Being Corrupted

Post by Ryzir »

I've moved over to GoneMad Music Player. It does everything I want it to without corrupting the files.