Problem with german special characters in ogg tags

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.
jande

Problem with german special characters in ogg tags

Post by jande »

Hello, I have the problem that Player Pro in the current version converts German special characters incorrectly, at least in tags of ogg files.

For example, I have an ogg file in whose tags I have entered "Der verschwundene Großmeister" as the title and "Hörspiel" as the genre. The encoding is utf-8. The file is displayed correctly in all players, only PlayerPro opens a new genre "HÄ⏎rspiel" for this file with the title "Der verschwundene Großmeister". If I change the title in the tags to "Der verschwundene Grossmeister" ("ss" instead of "ß"), there is no incorrect coding. Player Pro then also correctly assigns the file to the genre "Hörspiel" again, although I have not changed anything at all in the genre tag, so it still says "Hörspiel" with a German umlaut. If I change the title back to "Der verschwundene Großmeister", the incorrect coding is there again, also for the genre.

All this happens regardless of whether I use uft8, utf16 or iso-8829-1 as encoding for the tags of the ogg file. I created all tags with Kid3.

The problem only occurs with this one file, although I have tagged a total of over 200 albums with the genre "Hörspiel".

Many greetings, Jan