Bluetooth headphones disconnect when music stops for few minutes

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.
Flippowitsch

Bluetooth headphones disconnect when music stops for few minutes

Post by Flippowitsch »

I use the Bluetooth headphones Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro. I can control PlayerPro with them, e. g. double clicking plays next track.

Until a few month ago, it was no problem using the headphones after several hours of not having used them, single clicking one of them and PlayerPro started.

Unfortunately, this is not possible now. Even when I let them in my ears but have to stop music for only a few minutes, I cannot restart PlayerPro with them. I have to open PlayerPro, jump back from the play screen, because pressing play does not work and go back to the play screen to start music.
Sometimes, before I jump back from the play screen, PlayerPro even shows the pause symbol as if music was playing. This was already the case before I was no longer able to restart after a few minutes, but it was no problem, because I did not have to open the app itself very often.

Now, when I wake up in the middle of the night and decide to continue my audio book, I have to grab the smartphone, instead of being able to control PlayerPro with the headphones.

I do not know, of this is a PlayerPro or Android or Galaxy Buds issue but Google does not help much and therefore I decided to ask here first.
My Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with latest Android.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Philipp
vfr2fast

Re: Bluetooth headphones disconnect when music stops for few minutes

Post by vfr2fast »

Same problem. Annoying beyond measure. On par with a baby crying, perpetually, on a 12-hour flight.

Bluetooth connects in car, or with headphones, or with buds, etc. Start playing Playerpro by hand because it absolutely cannot be controlled through, say, a loaded 2020 BMW X5. Then, get a text, or a phone call, and after, if you're *really* lucky, it restarts the song from the beginning (did I want it restarted from the beginning? NO. But it might, just might, still be controllable.). Or, 97% OF THE TIME, it just has no idea that the song that you were JUST playing on PlayerPro, EVER HAPPENED. Has no idea PlayerPro exists. CONSTANTLY having to pull out the phone to get PlayerPro to respond again.

IT IS WHY I USE A 2012 iPOD NANO FOR EXERCISING BECAUSE I AM NOT FISHING OUT MY PHONE 20 TIMES DURING A WORKOUT TO KEEP TRYING TO GET PLAYERPRO TO BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL THROUGH BLUETOOTH.
playerpro

Re: Bluetooth headphones disconnect when music stops for few minutes

Post by playerpro »

Hello,

Make sure battery settings are set to "unrestricted" for PlayerPro: go to PHONE settings / apps / PlayerPro / battery -> "unrestricted".

Thanks,
Tristan