"failed to edit songs"

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.
fosgate3

"failed to edit songs"

Post by fosgate3 »

What causes PP to fail to edit songs? I am getting this message and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance for reading.
playerpro

Re: "failed to edit songs"

Post by playerpro »

Hello,

Can you make sure you have granted PlayerPro the "write" permission: settings / music library / SD card write permission?

Thanks,
Tristan
rustoric

Post by rustoric »

Hello,

I've been having this same issue for a while now. Just double checked and the app has permissions to the external sd card, the root of internal memory, and the specific music folder inside the internal memory

Always get "failed to edit songs" when i update any tags. I can update album and artist artwork. Oddly yesterday i tried updating one artist's name about 5 times and it always failed, but today i see the change went through. However i tried again several times on a different artist and no luck

This has been happening for months and months and it's quite a bummer. The tag editing was one of my favorite features and what impressed me most about PlayerPro way back in 2012

Thanks for any advice
ASI828277

Post by ASI828277 »

playerpro wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:29 am Hello,

Can you make sure you have granted PlayerPro the "write" permission: settings / music library / SD card write permission?

Thanks,
Tristan
Good
Drover1975

Post by Drover1975 »

I have the same issue and I am using Samsung S21 that has no SD card in it,
playerpro

Post by playerpro »

Hello,

All phones have an SD card, whether it be internal (the default one that comes with your phone and that you cannot remove) or an external (optional) one.
Can you make sure you have granted PlayerPro the "write" permission to your internal/external SD cards: settings / music library / SD card write permission?

Thanks,
Tristan
JavonteOndricka

Post by JavonteOndricka »

If you have a Windows device, then the song can be edited from Windows. Because it is very easy to do this. If you need any help, you can check out this article.