How to alter order in playlist?

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.
DavidGB

How to alter order in playlist?

Post by DavidGB »

I feel very stupid having to ask this, but how do you change the order of songs in a playlist?

I've had the paid version of PlayerPro for years on my phone, but very seldom use it as I'm disabled, don't go out much or for long, and use a program (MusicBee) on my laptop for playing music at home and managing my music library, syncing the music and playlists with PlayerPro on my phone.. Today I actually went out for a longer drive, and was using PlayerPro on my phone to play music through the car stereo, but at one point I somehow accidentally moved a song several positions in the playlist I was playing ... and now I can't figure out how to move it back, or indeed how to move any playlist entries at all.

I'm sure I can correct this by resyncing with my laptop MusicBee library, but I'm just very puzzled as to how I managed to change the position of an item in a playlist accidentally but can't find out how to do it deliberately.
playerpro

Re: How to alter order in playlist?

Post by playerpro »

Hello David,

From the playlist browser, plz click on your playlist of choice. And then you get displayed the songs of the playlist. On the left of each song, you have a small icon that you can touch and then use drag and drop gesture to position the song in the playlist.

Thanks,
Tristan
DavidGB

Post by DavidGB »

I thought that was how it's supposed to work. The problem is those icons on the left of each song in the playlist are faded and tapping there just puts a selected box around the entire line of the song. It doesn't respond to dragging. Is there some lock control somewhere? I can't figure out how I could drag a song to another position accidentally, but can't drag one deliberately.
bassman

Post by bassman »

I also found that when pressing on the faded bars to the left of a song name in a playlist, all that happened was the whole line turned gray and a check mark was added at the far right end of the rectangular box that was created. But THEN, I stumbled upon this: if you press on the faded 3-line bar and move your finger up or down VERY QUICKLY, AS IN LESS THAN ONE SECOND AFTER YOU PRESS IT, the song will indeed move up or down in the playlist. It is very difficult to discover that this is actually the method that works without having been notified ahead of time, but now that I discovered it, it really does work for me every time. I needed to do this because I make playlists of drum tracks I create to accompany me when I play live music at gigs. Occasionally after I make a playlist I need to change the order of the drum tracks or subract one and add another, etc. Before I learned how to reaarragne the order of the songs in an established playlist I had to delete every song in the playlist that was after the one I wanted to change and then add them all back in again in the new order. Not any more! Hope this helps! Good luck