Please help with album artwork

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.
digger13

Please help with album artwork

Post by digger13 »

I am a pro user of PlayerPro. I'm having trouble getting PlayerPro to use the album artwork I have saved in the same folders as my albums.

I unchecked the setting for "Download album artwork." And in every sub-folder of the "Music" folder on my SD Card, I have a file named folder.jpg. I even tried changing some of these to albumart.jpg, but they still won't show in PlayerPro. Even when I try to get it to manually force it to show for one specific album by choosing "Manage artwork" then "Pick from album folder," I get a message saying "No artwork found."

The folder.jpg files (or albumart.jpg when I ran some tests) are definitely there. And I know the folders are readable, because PlayerPro is able to read the music in the same folders.

Please help. My wife wants to go back to Musicolet, but PlayerPro has an ability the other app doesn't have (the ability to sync my playlists from my PC to my Android devices), so I want to stay.

To be clear, this album art issue is happening on both of our devices--one with Android 12, the other with Android 13.
playerpro

Re: Please help with album artwork

Post by playerpro »

Hello, which version of Android are you running? Can you make sure you have the required permissions (phone settings / applications / playerpro / permissions)?

Best Regards,
Tristan
digger13

Re: Please help with album artwork

Post by digger13 »

Thank you for the reply.

Our devices are running Android 12 and 13. I have confirmed all permissions for PlayerPro are set to allowed. It should also be noted that PlayerPro has no issue reading the MP3 files in the subfolders of the "Music" folder on my SD Card. It is only the images it seems it can't read.